MAJOR HOTEL/CONFERENCE/FAMILY FUN DESTINATION SEEKS EXPERIENCED MAINTENANCE MANAGER--HOTEL OR RESORT EXPERIENCE PREFERRED!!
COMPENSATION UP TO 42k PLUS OPPORTUNITY FOR OVERTIME, EXCELLENT BENEFITS, AND GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT!!
Responsible for the repair, replacement and preventative maintenance of the Bavarian Inn Lodge, systems equipment and machinery. Responsible for implementation of the Preventative Maintenance system & processes of the entire maintenance team. Training and development of maintenance team members in the maintenance department. Maintains proper water chemistry in swimming pools, spas, closed loop heat pump and heating systems. Assures team members are trained in safety and then making sure that they work in a safe manner. Also assists the Chief Engineer in other corporate engineering projects as well as outside grounds maintenance and keeping irrigation and pond systems operating at best capacity.
- Performs various repairs to equipment and machinery as necessary on a daily or emergency basis.
- Responsible for the training, supervising, and scheduling Maintenance workers.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the operation and function of all equipment and related systems. Maintains knowledge through continued education of equipment and related systems.
- Communicates between the early and late shifts, sees to it that necessary information is shared and all guestrooms are in order. Coordinates communication from day to day as well to stop tasks from “slipping thru the cracks”. In charge of communication flow in the department. Has closest relationship (day to day) with Front Desk Manager; Executive Housekeeper and Kitchen Manager for best guest service.
- Consistently performs “rounds” inspecting all equipment as instructed and trained striving to find problems before they affect our guest.
- Oversees (with guidance from the Chief Engineer) the Preventative Maintenance (PM) processes and distribution of work and follow up on all record keeping. Performs preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment, service systems and building facilities as assigned.
- Responsible for controlling expenses and promoting the concept in maintenance and other departments as well as suggesting sales opportunities for other departments.
- Fabricates custom equipment and machinery for departments.
- Maintains the order and cleanliness of storage attics (areas) so that they are organized and hazard free.
- Responsible for the inventory of belts, electrical, plumbing and motors.
- Assists in pest control under the direction of Chief Engineer.
- Performs and supervises special projects when specifically requested and assures that the necessary manpower, equipment and supplies are assigned to perform the project in the allocated time and at minimum costs. Always correlates the work at hand with the best time to perform the work to minimize guest discomfort.
- Directs and assists maintenance personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and sanitary work area at all times and follows all of the requirements for personal cleanliness. Passes on these standards to fellow employees by promoting a sanitary environment, practicing good hygiene and setting examples for others to follow.
- Seeks out opportunities to provide exceptional guest service. This is accomplished by training employees to greet all guests in a warm and friendly manner, training employees to be courteous to our guests and fellow employees, and setting an example for all subordinates. This is performed on a daily basis.
- Assists with the snow removal from the Lodge properties and off premise as requested by Chief Engineer and ownership. Uses and trains other team members as necessary in proper and safe use of snow blades, snow blowers and snow brush. Also checks and maintains readiness of snowmelt systems under sidewalks.
- Supervises and maintains cleanliness and chemical levels in pools and whirlpools.
- Schedules manpower to handle bus luggage and communicates changes to proper departments.
- Schedules dance floor requirements with banquet department.
- Maintains safe conditions of roofs to avoid leaks and possible ice hazards to building andpersonnel.
- Works in a safe manner and ensures that other employees are not exposed to unsafe conditions while repairs are being made.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of Facilities Management in comparable (larger) environment.
- Ability to continually reach, stretch, bend, lift items of moderate to heavy weights, ability to climb ladders
- and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Valid state driver’s license required.
- Ability to drive Lodge vehicles and be insured.
- Ability to work both indoor and outdoors.
- Must have a minimum of an outstanding performance evaluation as a Level 5 Senior Maintenance
- worker if promoted from within.
- Must possess proven leadership abilities.
- Must have good written and oral skills to communicate effectively.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Must obtain at least two certifications within 1 year of the hire date in the following areas: Refrigeration I & II, Pesticides, Swimming Pool Operator, Cooling Tower Biocide Application, Plumbing, Electrical, or other areas as needed and have the ability to demonstrate successful application of the certifications.
The employee may also meet these requirements by continuing their education in business, increasing computer skills or other areas which will improve performance at the Lodge.
EOE--Equal Opportunity Employer